Let's face it - New Year's resolutions are lame. Someone once told me that out of the ~50% of people who take on a resolution, only 8% achieve their goal.
So, rather than setting overzealous life-changing resolutions like the top 10 commonly broken resolutions listed here (such as losing weight, quitting smoking, spending more time with family, etc), consider making small life choices which will collectively enhance your life…like flossing or dancing off-beat.
Next to getting ‘healthier’, making smarter financial decisions is one of the most popular resolutions we make. Here are 10 simple financial resolutions to conquer in 2015 which are sure to enhance your financial health.
- Simplify your financial life >> Bank online, set up pre-authorized payments & contributions, switch to edocuments, etc
- Save taxes with family income-splitting strategies >> Prescribed rate loan strategies, family trusts and business restructuring
- Reduce risk and taxes by reviewing the asset mix in your investment portfolio >> Keep more of what you’re earning with tax efficient income
- Use credit wisely >> Understanding different rates and tax-deductible perks
- Protect your family’s financial future with adequate insurance >> life insurance & living benefits
- Ensure your wishes are followed with an up-to-date Will & POA
- Ensure your wishes are followed with appropriate account structures & beneficiary designations
- Help important Charitable causes achieve better financial health
- Get a Family Snapshot® or financial plan prepared >> Complimentary for DS clients
- Get educated about special strategies for high net worth families that you may now know about >> You don’t know what you don’t know
Click here for the full article which breaks each resolution down with more details and next steps.
Enjoy the weekend!
Investment & Wealth Advisor
Chaaban Wealth Management Group