New normal, new opportunities
This report is a compilation of the previously published "New normal, new opportunities" articles, in which we examined secular trends in a post- COVID-19 world. The series covers a range of themes that are emerging as a result of social distancing, the work-from-home imperative, health care developments, corporate implications, and broader societal change. We believe identifying these trends and understanding their investment implications will be critical to navigating the road ahead.
- E-commerce: Stuck at home? Some online retail therapy always helps!
- Placing more irons in the fintech fire
- Cloud computing: Cloud genie is accelerating out of the bottle
- 5G communications networks: Enabling next-generation technology
- Video streaming: Cord-cutting in the time of COVID-19
- Nesting: Homebodies for now
- Cybersecurity and digital content: A digital defense is the best corporate offense
- Automation: Technology advancements lead to new products and higher productivity
- The importance of resilient companies in portfolio construction
- Drug discovery & diagnostics: They might be just what the doctor ordered
- Telemedicine: Stepping out of the shadows to take centre stage
- How will COVID-19 impact the fading globalization theme?
- Surging government debt and deficits
- Speed bump in the secular growth of the sharing economy
- Ground zero in the COVID-19 upheaval: The future of travel and leisure
Click here to read the report