The Freedom to Live the Life You Want
As you enjoy greater success in life, your financial affairs will likely become more complex and demand more of your time – time that you would prefer to devote to your other interests and responsibilities.
To help you do this, we are pleased to offer Private Investment Management, our premium level of discretionary wealth management designed for:
- High-net-worth clients who prefer to delegate the responsibility for day-to-day management of their investment assets to highly qualified money managers
- Affluent individuals, families, businesses, institutions and foundations with a minimum account size of $500,000
Achieve Your Goals With Confidence
With Private Investment Management, you can be confident that your portfolio will be managed according to the highest standards. As your personal Portfolio Manager working with a highly qualified team, Brian Davenport uses a proven management process to construct your portfolio in line with your growth requirements, income needs and risk tolerance.
This approach is able to take advantage of investment opportunities quickly and efficiently as your approval is not required for every single transaction. A careful process ensures that your portfolio is managed to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism, involving strict guidelines established by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and formal reviews.
Some of the many benefits and specializations that Brian and his team can offer include:
- Documented and enforced portfolio management guidelines
- Bulk trading providing all clients with average fill price
- Expertise in segregated securities
- Careful management of U.S.-resident portfolios
- More Canadian and U.S. research than any other firm
- The resources and expertise of RBC Dominion Securities
The Highest Credentials at Your Service
As a Portfolio Manager, Brian is part of a select group of Investment Advisors who are able to offer portfolio management services through Private Investment Management. All Portfolio Managers are subject to a strict admission and monitoring process by IIROC. In addition, Brian has also attained the designation of Canadian Investment Manager (CIM). Together with his team, Brian delivers thorough and comprehensive service to those with high expectations for their wealth.
The Framework for Success
To ensure that your best interests are always acted upon, Brian and his team follow a meticulous six-step process to create your portfolio:
1. Create your Investment Policy Statement
Your Investment Policy Statement guides Brian in making investment decisions. This document is created individually for you, and takes into account your:
- Return expectations
- Income requirements
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon
- Tax situation
- Unique preferences
Based on these factors, and using documented asset allocation strategic targets, Brian can recommend an ideal asset-allocation model for your portfolio.
2. Build your portfolio
Your Investment Policy Statement is then signed by you and by Brian to ensure that any decisions reflect your individual needs, preferences and constraints. Brian will provide specific direction on acceptable security types for your portfolio, and will select an appropriate combination of investments. Among many other considerations, his selection process includes:
- Documented strategic asset allocation targets
- A "big picture" understanding of global economic and market trends
- Fundamental, technical and quantitative analysis of individual investment opportunities
- The insights of senior economists, portfolio strategists and research analysts from various parts of RBC
3. Manage your portfolio
Market and economic conditions change. Your personal situation and goals will also change. As a result, it is essential to make appropriate adjustments to your portfolio.
Brian will make day-to-day investment decisions on your behalf, within the guidelines established in your Investment Policy Statement. His purview includes:
- Daily monitoring of portfolio manager trades
- Management of constraints based on concentration/ diversification, security quality and credit quality
4. Third-party review and monitoring
Quarterly reviews of your portfolio are undertaken by an independent risk management group. This provides Brian's clients with an extra level of due diligence, regularly monitoring your portfolio to ensure it is being managed according to your specific guidelines, and additional comfort and security.
5. Adjusting your investment strategy
Brian and his team will meet with you on a regular basis to review your portfolio and get an update on your personal and financial situation. Your goals are likely to change over time, and your portfolio will reflect that on an ongoing basis.
6. Keeping you informed of your progress
As Brian's client, you will receive customized reporting built to your specifications, including:
- A monthly account statement that details the activity in your portfolio and provides the current market value of all your positions
- A quarterly rate-of-return calculation
- Access to your accounts and timely market information through our online services and website
Take the Next Step to Private Investment Management
If you desire the freedom to pursue your interests while knowing that your portfolio is in the care of an experienced team of trusted professionals, we invite you to consider Private Investment Management.
For more information about Private Investment Management, please contact Brian at (519) 376-2390 or e-mail email@example.com.