Bob began his career as an Investment Advisor at RBC Dominion Securities in 1997 after graduating from the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Commerce degree. Bob's business quickly evolved and he founded Bessette Wealth Management of RBC Dominion Securities in 2004.
He is designated as a Portfolio Manager with the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada, and holds a Financial Management Advisor (FMA) designation from the Canadian Securities Institute and an ICD.D accreditation from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
Bob is a strong believer in giving back to his community whenever possible. His current roles in the community include:
- Chair of the Board of Trustees, University Hospital Foundation
- Campaign Cabinet Member, University Hospital Foundation Brain Centre Campaign
- Board of Directors, Edmonton Opera
- Co-Chair, Edmonton Opera Valentines Gala
- Mayor's Business Advisory Council Member