Robert Bessette, B.Comm, FMA, ICD.D, Principal
Robert began his career as an Investment Advisor at RBC DS in 1997 after graduating from the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Commerce degree and soon after he founded BWM of RBC DS. During his tenure with RBC DS Robert has been accorded the title of Vice President and Director and is a member of RBC DS Chairman's council.
He is designated as a Portfolio Manager with the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada, and holds a Financial Management Advisor (FMA) designation from the Canadian Securities Institute and an ICD.D accreditation from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
Robert is a strong believer in giving back to his community whenever possible. His current roles in the community include:
- Past-Chair of the Board of Trustees, University Hospital Foundation
- Campaign Cabinet Member, University Hospital Foundation Brain Centre Campaign
- Board of Directors, Edmonton Opera
- Co-Chair, Edmonton Opera Valentines Gala
- Mayor's Business Advisory Council Member