Christopher Motion, BA, CIM, FCSI | Portfolio Manager, Vice President & Investment Advisor
- Motion Wealth Management is led by Christopher Motion, an accredited Portfolio Manager who leads the team's portfolio strategy development and management.
- Chris completed his Business degree at Western University and he has been awarded the certification of Canadian Investment Management (CIM). In addition, Chris has been awarded the prestigious designation as Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute, the industry's highest accreditation. Chris also holds other licenses such as Options and Insurance.
His investment discipline is unique and sophisticated, drawing on his designation as a discretionary portfolio manager and extensive experience in the industry. Chris is passionate about tailoring investment strategies for clients. They are re-balanced regularly to anticipate and incorporate market movements.
- Chris likes to give back to the community as a member of the Vancouver Rotary Club, and has held Director positions with this organization. He also enjoys reading, cycling and skiing with his two boys and wife, Stephanie.
Connie Baechler, B.Comm, CIM | Associate Wealth Advisor
- Connie is a lifelong resident in the area with over 20 years of experience in the investment industry to compliment her Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of British Columbia.
- In addition to working with Chris in the active management of client investment portfolios, Connie ensures that all clients benefit from our team of professional partners to ascertain their goals and determine customized solutions around retirement, estate and financial planning. This comprehensive approach provides peace of mind to our clients.
- Connie is committed to giving back to her community, and currently Chairs the ChildRun Committee for BC Children's Hospital Foundation. She is married with two daughters and enjoys a wide range of recreational activities, including crossfit, running, skiing and coaching soccer.
- Mimi has fifteen years of experience in the banking and investment industry. She assists in client servicing and portfolio reviews. She has completed the Canadian Securities Course and the Conduct and Practices Handbook course.
- Her personality and wealth of knowledge make her a client favourite and an invaluable team member.
- Mimi is married with one daughter. She's an avid book worm, urban gardener and experimental cook.
Arne Perrin, B.Comm (Hons), CFP | Estate Planning Specialist
- Specialized in estate planning, Arne provides solutions to various wealth management issues using insurance products. Arne can focus on both personal and corporate solutions to help you increase your net worth and reduce the impact of taxation today and at death.
- He can also ensure your wealth is transferred to your heirs more efficiently and in accordance with your wishes. To help in this endeavour, Arne has access to insurance solutions from the top ranked insurance providers in Canada.
Bill Biles, B.Comm, CFP | Financial Planning Consultant
- Bill prepares comprehensive Personal Financial Plans to help our clients identify and reach specific goals with respect to retirement, education and major purchase funding, insurance and estate planning.
- With over 20 years experience in the financial services industry, Bill has worked with another IDA firm, a Chartered Bank, and a local credit union. He has extensive experience helping clients plan for retirement and dealing with severance packages.
- Bill has his Bachelor of Commerce (Finance Major) from the University of British Columbia. He has completed and taught the Canadian Securities Course, has completed the Life License Qualification Program, and has the professional designation Certified Financial Planner.
Anna-Marie Lyons, MBA, CFP, FCSI, FDS | Financial Planning Consultant
- Anna-Marie Lyons offers a wealth of professional experience in her role as a Financial Planning Consultant having been an advisor to high net worth clients since 1991.
- An MBA graduate from the Ivey School of Business in London, Ontario, Anna-Marie is a Certified Financial Planner, a Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute and a Financial Divorce Specialist. She is committed advocate for improved financial literacy and lends her support to various educational efforts by providing financial planning expertise.
"One of the most rewarding aspects of the financial planning process is that it often facilitates family conversations about values, dreams and aspirations. It's a wonderful feeling to witness the level of communication, understanding and commitment to shared goals that can grow from an in-depth discussion about saving and spending." ~ Anna-Marie Lyons
Melissa Nagelbach, LL.B. | Will and Estate Consultant
- Melissa obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Simon Fraser University in 1999 and earned her Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Victoria in 2007. She was called to the Bar in British Columbia in 2008.
- Prior to joining RBC Dominion Securities, Melissa practiced law in Vancouver and specialized in estate planning and estate administration as well as small business corporate and commercial matters.
- Melissa assisted clients with a range of estate planning matters including drafting Wills, Power of Attorney and Representation Agreements. Melissa also specialized in matters related to the administration of an estate, including applications for Letters Probate and Letters of Administration.
- Melissa also assisted clients with matters relating to a variety of corporate transactions including incorporations, corporate reorganizations, corporate financing, share and asset purchase and sale transactions as well as the drafting of various corporate commercial documents including shareholder agreements and partnership agreements.