Everything you need to know
Proper estate planning requires careful consideration of many factors: reducing taxes, providing for loved ones, passing on assets in an orderly fashion, creating a charitable legacy and more.
It will help you cover off important topics such as:
- Creating valid and current Wills for all adults in the family
- Evaluating insurance coverage
- Understanding ownership structures (i.e. the use of Joint Tenancy agreements)
- Realizing advanced estate-planning opportunities (i.e. the use of Living Trusts)
- Planning charitable gifts
Reducing the burden
RBC Dominion Securities Settling an Estate publication is an easy-to-follow reference designed to help guide families through the complicated estate-settlement process. It covers everything from funeral arrangements to organizing estate assets in a tax-efficient manner.
Other topics include:
- Finding, probating and distributing the Will
- Assembling, organizing, distributing, or investing the estate assets
- Settling posthumous debts and taxes
- Handling business or partnership arrangements
Make estate settlement faster
The Family Inventory Checklist is an invaluable tool designed to help families settle a loved one’s estate – without having to hunt around for important documents and information. It helps you gather together, in one place, details concerning assets, accounts, policies, legal contracts – and other information that may be required to settle an estate. It helps:
- Identify the location of important documents
- Denote the value of various personal assets
- Consolidate a record of personal and business investments
- Itemize real estate, life insurance and pension plan information
- Keep track of Wills and Powers of Attorney
Solutions and strategies for protecting your assets, transferring your wealth and settling an estate.
Helping you build and effectively manage your wealth and investments is just one of the ways we can help meet your needs. Using insurance strategies and other solutions, we can help you protect your wealth during your lifetime, preserve the value of your estate for your beneficiaries, and help you transfer your wealth to family members, a favourite charity or other beneficiary using tax-minimizing solutions.
Explore how we can meet the following estate planning needs:
- To protect the value of your estate
- To maximize the wealth you pass on using tax-minimizing insurance strategies and charitable giving solutions
- Learn how we can help ease the burden if you've been appointed as an estate executor
Our estate planning solutions could be ideal if you:
- Want a way to grow your assets while guaranteeing a payout for your beneficiaries
- Are concerned about protecting your estate's assets and your income in the event of a disability, critical illness or long-term care situation
- Need a tax-effective way to transfer your wealth to your beneficiaries
- Need a way to meet the tax obligations of your estate and other estate settlement costs without liquidating or eroding your estate's assets
- Want to make a one-time or ongoing gift to a charity or not-for-profit organization
- Have been appointed as executor for an estate and need assistance with some or all of your duties
To learn more about protecting your wealth, please contact us.