The role of the Investment Advisor has changed, for the better. Our clients are demanding a higher level of service and a more in-depth experience from their relationship with their Investment Advisor. RBC Dominion Securities has recognized this change and has provided their Investment Advisors with all of the tools and resources required to meet the changing needs of their clients.
- Our network of over 230 wealth management specialists - including financial planners, will and estate consultants and estate planning specialists - support our Investment Advisors in offering comprehensive wealth management solutions.
- Today, more high-net-worth investors trust RBC Dominion Securities than any other full-service investment firm in Canada. More than 400,000 Canadians entrust us with more than $250 billion of their assets.
- An international team of investment strategists, research analysts, portfolio advisors, money manager consultants and economists support our 1,500+ Investment Advisors in providing full-service investment and money management.
- As an Investment Advisor at RBC Dominion Securities, you have the best of both worlds - the support of Canada's leader in wealth management, plus the control you need to build and manage your own business.
- Your personal initiative is encouraged and rewarded in an entrepreneurial culture rarely found at large investment firms. At the same time, you have access to all the support and resources you can only find at Canada's largest investment firm.
- Our senior management team has a strong background in the business, and many of our top executives achieved success in the investment industry before moving into their roles.
- Our branch management team is the strongest in the industry, with more professional managers than any other firm.
To learn more, please contact Alex Philips in confidence at (604) 535-3899.
RBC Dominion Securities (DS), is a retail full-service brokerage firm offering customized wealth management solutions to clients whose primary goal is to build on and preserve their existing financial success. DS offers both non-discretionary and discretionary investment advisory services for over 500,000 clients across Canada, has over 1,300 professional Investment Advisors and Portfolio Managers and over $120 billion in assets under administration.
Do you have what it takes to be an Investment Advisor?
Do you possess the following skills?
- You are sales-oriented, self-motivated/managed.
- You thrive on interacting with people and know how to turn situations into "win-win" opportunities.
- You enjoy the challenges of seeking out new customers through associations in the community and referrals from previously satisfied customers.
- You know how to leverage the knowledge and experience of RBC Financial Group partners in order to build customer loyalty and trust.
The RBC Dominion Securities White Rock branch is looking for both new and veteran Investment Advisors.
As an Investment Advisor, your role is to independently attract the financial assets of affluent individuals and small institutions. Working with the White Rock team of highly sophisticated Investment Advisors, you will provide a wide range of investment vehicles and advisory services and offer financial, insurance and estate planning advice. You are self-assured, outgoing and confident when initiating contact with others. Along with having a strong sense of responsibility you are extremely self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
Your responsibilities include:
- Build and expand relationships with prospects and existing clients to ensure retention and service excellence.
- Maintain ongoing marketing strategies to build business with appropriate clients while maintaining sales targets.
- Refer potential clients to other areas of RBFG when appropriate.
- Create and maintain investment strategies.
- Provide investment services and advice to affluent clients using RBC Dominion Securities products and services.
We are looking for individuals with very strong prospecting and hunting skills to develop their own book of clients from scratch. This role is ideal for a high performing sales professional with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is comfortable in a commissioned sales role.
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to continuous education and provides extensive, industry-leading training for new and veteran Investment Advisors.
- Must have entrepreneurial spirit in building a book of clients through networking, cold calling, prospecting, referrals, seminars etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be action oriented and results focused.
- Preferred: Proven success in sales and business development.
- Preferred: Completion of the CSC & CPH.
We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity initiatives, individuals who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
RBC Dominion Securities is not a traditional 'stock broker' firm. As our clients' needs have evolved, so has our business. Today's client wants and needs an advisor who can help plan their whole financial life.
This is a great time for women to consider a career in wealth management because the role extends far beyond making investment recommendations. Our advisors are wealth managers-in addition to managing investment portfolios they can also help their clients with complex family wealth issues and achieve important life and financial goals like protecting their income, starting a business, minimizing tax on family estate, planning for retirement and leaving a legacy.
At RBC Dominion Securities, it is important to us that our workforce reflects the experiences and perspectives of our clients. As the number of women heading households and managing their families' finances grows, so do their products and services needs, but they do want a different service model, and to work with someone who can relate to their needs and challenges.