We do more than just place your money in an investment and send you statements. Our specialists provide advice to help you protect your lifestyle, manage your nest egg, plan your retirement, educate your children, create your legacy and more.
As part of the services we provide, you will have access to a wide range of professionals to help organize your wealth in an efficient manner.
- Financial Planning - We develop a complimentary plan that that looks at every financial decision that impacts your life to put you on track to meet your financial goals.
- Tax Planning - We can help implement strategies such as family income splitting, spousal RRSPs, formal spousal loan arrangements or establishing family trusts, investing through tax-exempt insurance, and tax-efficient asset allocation such as RRSPs, RRIFs and TFSAs.
- Retirement Planning Strategies - For individuals and businesses, including special Individual Pension Plans (IPPs) for incorporated professionals and business owners.
- Comprehensive Insurance Planning to protect you and your assets.
- Will and Estate Planning - We'll help ensure that you have a tax-efficient transfer of wealth. Find out how to receive a complimentary review.
- Charitable Giving Strategies to meet your goals in a tax-efficient manner.
- Education Savings Planning for your loved ones.
- Credit and Banking Services for you, or your business. We will introduce you to selected RBC specialists who can meet your day-to-day personal banking needs as well as private banking services, commercial banking services, mortgage needs and U.S. travel needs.
Terry works with you to create a customized investment portfolio that reflects your specific investment needs throughout the various stages of your life or the needs of your organization. Terry and his team can assist:
- Individuals and their families
- Corporations and municipalities
- Not-for-profit organizations, including charitable foundations and endowments
In addition to investment experience and a record of top performance, working with Terry and his team gives you access to the following benefits:
- RBC Dominion Securities is Canada's leading full-service wealth management firm and has access to every type of investment available on Canadian and global markets, including the largest inventory of fixed-income investments in Canada.
- Top Ranked Research supports our decisions: Our investment programs are backed by the expertise of our capital markets research analysts, portfolio strategists and other investment professionals.
- We offer every product solution available such as Canadian, U.S. and international stocks, bonds, guaranteed investments (GICs), mutual funds, RESP, RRSP, Tax-Free Savings Account, RIFF management, etc.
Finally, you can determine how much you want to be involved in day-to-day investment decision making.
Two main types of Investment Management Options:
- Private Investment Management
Private Investment Management is our premier level of discretionary management suited for clients and organizations who prefer to delegate the day-to-day management of their investments. Terry's process ensures your portfolio is managed according to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. Click here to find out why many local organizations choose The Madison Group of RBC Dominion Securities.
- Advisory Investment Management
If you wish to be involved with your day-to-day investment decisions, we have access to a wide range of investment programs and solutions to meet your needs. Talk to us about the right solution for you.
Private Investment Management is RBC Dominion Securities' premier level of discretionary management suited for clients and organizations who prefer to delegate the day-to-day management of their investments. Terry's process ensures your portfolio is managed according to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Key Benefits of Private Investment Management
Discretionary Portfolio Management
With Private Investment Management, you get a completely customized portfolio designed by Terry Cheaney, your portfolio manager. Your portfolio is built from the ground up based on factors such as growth requirements, income needs and risk tolerance. Because your approval is not required for every single transaction, your Portfolio Manager is able to take advantage of investment opportunities quickly and efficiently. He must also work within specific guidelines established in advance and is accountable to these guidelines, which are regularly reviewed and adjusted according to your needs.
The Highest Credentials at Your Service
Only a select group of investment advisors can offer you portfolio management services through Private Investment Management.
Portfolio managers must possess advanced investment credentials, extensive experience advising clients and substantial assets under administration.
Direct Access to Your Portfolio Manager
Unlike most money management programs where you never meet your portfolio manager, Private Investment Management offers you the unique opportunity to sit down with Terry, your portfolio manager, and discuss your needs one-on-one.
Because you have a personal relationship with your portfolio manager, your portfolio can more accurately reflect your individual goals and objectives on an ongoing basis.
Our Meticulous Six-Step Process
To ensure that we always act in your best interests, we follow a meticulous six-step process. This process balances your desire for freedom with your expectation for excellence:
Creating your investment policy statement: We will work with you to develop an investment policy statement, a written document that takes into account your unique needs, investing time horizon, tolerance for risk and more.
Building your portfolio: Based on your ideal asset-allocation model, we will select an appropriate combination of investments for your portfolio. Virtually every type of investment is available to meet your needs.
In selecting appropriate investments, we combine an understanding of overall global economic and market trends with fundamental research of individual investment opportunities. Senior economists, portfolio strategists and research analysts from various parts of RBC augment your portfolio manager's insights in these key areas.
Managing your portfolio: We will make day-to-day investment decisions on your behalf to respond to and anticipate the changing market and economic landscape. For example, if the outlook for a certain region of the world improves, your portfolio will be adjusted accordingly within the guidelines established in your investment policy statement.
Third-party review and monitoring: An independent risk management group reviews your portfolio on a quarterly basis to ensure it meets the high standards set out in your Investment Policy Statement.
Adjusting your investment strategy: We will also meet with you on a regular basis to review your portfolio and get an update on your personal and financial situation.
Keeping you informed of your progress: You will receive a monthly account statement that details the activity in your portfolio and provides the current market value of all your positions. In addition, you can receive a quarterly rate-of-return calculation. You also have access to your accounts and timely market information through our online services.