Who We Are
At RBC Dominion Securities, we have been helping individuals, families, businesses and other organizations achieve their financial goals since 1901. Today, we are Canada’s leading provider of wealth management services, trusted by more than 400,000 clients globally. Our Investment Advisors provide expert advice on all aspects of managing your wealth – everything from building it to protecting it for the future. Services range from investment advice and money management to financial and estate planning.
Who we can help
Our services are designed for clients who have reached the stage where their financial affairs have become increasingly complex and they require professional assistance managing their investment assets. Our clients include:
- Busy executives and professionals looking to free their time to focus on personal and career goals
- Successful business owners and self-employed professionals who need help managing personal and business assets
- Pre-retirees who want to make the most of their retirement savings as they approach retirement
- Retirees requiring innovative strategies to maximize their after-tax retirement income, while protecting their financial security
- Well-established families seeking professional guidance transferring wealth to the next generation in a tax-efficient manner
- Philanthropists looking for creative ways to enhance their legacy to chosen charities
- Non-profit organizations requiring assistance managing investment assets according to specific guidelines
Investment Solutions Designed for You
The starting point for achieving your investment goals is a personalized strategy. Several important factors will be considered in the creation of your strategy – such as your personal investment goals, how long you have to invest, and your attitudes toward risk. Based on this, we will recommend guidelines for making investment decisions – including security selection and asset mix criteria. Over time, your plan will evolve to keep pace with your changing needs and will be adjusted to reflect current market conditions.
Helping You Make Informed Decisions
To help provide you with well-informed advice, your Investment Advisor has access to research from several leading firms.
- Industry-leading RBC Capital Markets covers close to 700 companies in all major industry sectors in North America
- Independent Veritas provides in-depth reports on major Canadian companies exclusively to RBC Dominion Securities
- Several leading U.S. investment firms like Standard & Poor’s offer coverage of companies around the world
Making sense of today’s ever-changing financial markets isn’t easy. But having the right perspective on where the markets are going – and how that affects your portfolio – is essential to succeed as an investor.
Helping your Investment Advisor provide the perspective you need is our RBC Investment Strategy Committee, which is comprised of our senior economists, portfolio strategists and research analysts. After considering investment research and economic analysis, the Strategy Committee makes recommendations on portfolio structure for the coming 12 months, including:
- The optimum mix of stocks, bonds, and cash
- Suggested term for fixed-income investments
- A “focus list” of top-ranked Canadian stocks collectively expected to outperform the benchmark TSX
Focusing On the Big Picture
Getting the right investment advice is a key part of managing your wealth. But it’s just one part of a bigger picture. You may also require assistance with your finances or taxes, help planning your retirement, or guidance on how to structure your estate in a tax-efficient manner. Perhaps you have very specific concerns that need to be addressed – like maximizing your retirement income or deciding how to pass on the family business.
Because these various aspects of managing wealth are all interconnected, it is important to take a coordinated approach. Your Investment Advisor can help you address all your wealth management concerns, working in partnership with your tax and legal advisors. We also offer several wealth management services, including financial planning, estate consultation and wealth protection.
Wealth Management Services
- Personal investment advice
- Portfolio management
- Discretionary money management
- Insurance planning
- Financial planning
- Saving for education
- Retirement planning
- Maximizing your retirement income
- Will and estate planning
- Protecting your wealth
- Charitable giving
- Creating a legacy
- Treasury Bills and commercial paper
- Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
- Government and corporate bonds
- Mortgage-backed securities
- Commodity / financial futures
- Income and royalty trusts
- Preferred shares and common stocks
- Mutual funds
- Segregated funds
- Investment pools
- Equity-linked notes
- Options and hedge funds
- Full range of banking solutions available through RBC Financial Group, named “Canada’s Most Respected Corporation” four years in a row in an independent KPMG/Ipsos Reid survey.
Thank you for your interest in professional wealth management at RBC Dominion Securities. Please contact us for more information on how we can help you achieve your financial goals.