Investment Management Process
We follow a disciplined process that ensures your Organization and Board of Directors fulfills all fiduciary obligations regarding the structure, implementation and monitoring of the organizations investments.
Step 1. Introduction
- Introduce you to our unique investment management process that all our clients benefits from.
- Explain fully the services provided to you and all fees relating to your investments with us.
Step 2. Discovery
- Gather important financial information – audited financial statements, investment reports and charitable status.
- Discuss and clarify organizational goals.
- Learn about your organization’s needs, circumstances and mandates.
- Understand your organizations unique legal framework and responsibilities mandated by governing bodies
- Determine distribution policy and return goals.
Step 3. Create Your Investment Policy Statement
- Your Investment Policy Statement (IPS) provides the basis for developing your roadmap for the future.
- Analyze your financial and corporate information to better understand return objectives, risk tolerance, time horizon, liquidity and income needs, legal and regulatory considerations, tax considerations, reporting and portfolio review requirements all of which will be defined in your customized IPS.
- Recommend optimal Asset Allocation mix of cash, equity and fixed income to meet distribution & return goals.
- Implement risk Management strategies relating to credit quality, concentration, permitted and prohibited investments.
- Determine unique preferences and criteria relating to industries or products to be included or excluded – Socially responsible investing
Step 4. Present & Explain
- Present & explain the different strategies appropriate for your organization including review of your personalized IPS.
Step 5. Documentation
- Sign appropriate RBC Dominion Securities account opening documents and provide all pertinent account agreement guidelines.
- Prepare various transfer documents.
- Set up access to our security-protected online account viewing.
Step 6. Service
- Provide ongoing and regular reviews.
- Ensure your Investment Policy Statement is achieving the financial goals and objectives identified specifically for your organization.
- Identify and present new strategies that may be appropriate.
- Complete banking and custodial solutions with the assistance of specialists at RBC Royal Bank and RBC Dexia if required.
- Customized reporting solutions on a monthly, quarterly or year-end basis for audit purposes as required.
- Monthly statements, newsletters and other publications of interest.
- Assist the organization in understanding gift planning strategies and analyzing geographic distribution of current donors.