You have read about me promoting our rotary club’s Lobsterfest with all proceeds going to International Aid projects. I am pleased to let you know that it was extremely successful this year. We do have other fund raisers that contribute a significant amount of funds locally. However, International Aid has a special place for me due to the abject poverty conditions in third world countries. It is estimated that our dollars have about 10X the relative impact in those countries. You may also know that I am the chairperson for our WCS – World Community Service – Committee. As such I lead the charge with our committee on a rigorous protocol and application process of approving (or not) the amount of funding for projects that our members bring forward and are responsible for championing. With Lobsterfest being the main source of funds for this, we were able to approve a number of highly worthwhile projects this year including funding for;
- Amarok Society, Tumaini Children’s Foundation, Bangladesh; grass roots education for extremely impoverished and marginalized mothers and children who otherwise have no education or hope.
- STIMMA, Centre of Hope School, Guatemala; multiyear project developing and providing medical assistance and completing a school construction for the impoverished population.
- Children of Promise, Children of Hope Orphanage, South Sudan; continuing to support 200 children between the ages of 4 and 19, providing a more stable and safe living environment and education for orphaned and abandoned children.
- Tumaini Children's Foundation, Tumaini House Orphanage, Tanzania; providing stability and income generating opportunities in support of 104 children and young adult orphans struggling with poverty, healthcare, hunger, and educational needs.
- STEAM Camp & Female Empowerment Club, Haiti (via WLU); Laurier Faculty members providing professional development for female educators in leadership roles, as well as in math, science, early learning, special education, and literacy so that camps and empowerment can continue after the funding is completed.
- Sir Edmund Hillary Foundation, Khumgung High School Bursaries, Nepal; funding for High School students in the poverty stricken High Himalayan region for students who would get no education and no chance for better lives otherwise.
- Learning For Humanity Alliance, St. Mary’s School, Hwange Zimbabwe; funding a system that can bring current technology into the classroom providing hardware and software that unlocks a world of over 25,000 digital resources including textbooks, videos, games, and training materials for students who would have no access otherwise.
-Mercy Ships, Medical Equipment, West coast of Africa; Hospital Ships with volunteer Doctors and staff that travel the impoverished West coast of Africa giving free operations to people who have no other access to these life changing operations and have often endured many years of unnecessary suffering.
(FYI – this last one is a something Diane actually originally learned of and I brought forward and am championing)
As for the investment information side, please see below for your DS articles and information.
I hope you are continuing to enjoy the nice weather we are having!
Global Insight WEEKLY
September 19th, 2019
Global Insight Monthly
My team provides a proven, comprehensive approach to wealth management for business owners and families. Should you know of any friends, family, or associates whom you think would benefit from our professional services, it would be my pleasure to talk with them to learn how we can help. Contact Us Here to be added to our Weekly Newsletter or to ask for a complimentary portfolio review.
This information is not investment advice and should be used only in conjunction with a discussion with your RBC Dominion Securities Inc. Investment Advisor. This will ensure that your own circumstances have been considered properly and that action is taken on the latest available information. The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time obtained but neither RBC Dominion Securities Inc. nor its employees, agents, or information suppliers can guarantee its accuracy or completeness. This report is not and under no circumstances is to be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities. This report is furnished on the basis and understanding that neither RBC Dominion Securities Inc. nor its employees, agents, or information suppliers is to be under any responsibility or liability whatsoever in respect thereof. The inventories of RBC Dominion Securities Inc. may from time to time include securities mentioned herein. RBC Dominion Securities Inc.* and Royal Bank of Canada are November 15, 2018 - Insights into the equity, fixed-income, currency and commodity markets from RBC Wealth Management.separate corporate entities which are affiliated. *Member-Canadian Investor Protection Fund. RBC Dominion Securities Inc. is a member company of RBC Wealth Management, a business segment of Royal Bank of Canada. ® / TM Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under licence. © 2018 RBC Dominion Securities Inc. All rights reserved.