When it comes to wealth management, perhaps no topic is more essential – or more neglected – than estate planning. The Michie Wealth Management Group will help guide you in your Will & estate preparation through our available team of experts in the areas of trust, taxation, insurance, and Will & estate law.
We routinely host Will & estate planning seminars that explain the legal and tax implications of the estate process. Please ask us for details.
What is estate planning?
Simply put, an estate plan outlines how your assets (such as property and money) and other personal considerations will be handled when you die. An effective estate plan gives you the peace of mind knowing that the wealth you’ve accumulated during your lifetime will be distributed to your beneficiaries according to your wishes.
Why do I need an estate plan?
An estate plan helps you to:
- Preserve and protect your assets while you are alive;
- Protect the value of your estate after your death;
- Direct how you want your assets to be distributed after your death;
- Minimize the effect of taxes on your estate;
- Reduce estate administration (probate) costs;
- Minimize the burden on your beneficiaries; and
- Protect your family members
What are the elements of an estate plan?
The following are the key elements of an estate plan: