Please find attached our Spring 2020 Portfolio Advisor newsletter. Inside it you will find the following articles:
- Market commentary
- And then along came a black swan…
- After more than a decade of delivering phenomenal returns to investors, global equity indices reached their zeniths in the latter part of February.
- Recession-ready portfolio – weathering the economic downturn
- The decade-long economic expansion that started after the Great Recession in the latter half of 2009 entered 2020 already looking rather tired and worn, with economic indicators steadily losing steam. COVID-19 was the catalyst that brought a sudden end to one of the greatest economic expansions in modern history – and its effects will likely be felt for some time. It’s a difficult time to be an investor, but there are things you can do (or not do), while looking forward to the inevitable recovery.
- Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst – Estate planning in the time of COVID-19
- COVID-19 has naturally prompted many Canadians to reflect on their own mortality and the well-being of their loved ones. Times like these can provide an impetus to ensure our estate plans are up to date, or to get started if we haven’t yet. It’s a difficult but important thing to consider, so you can ensure your wishes are realized and your beneficiaries are set up for success after you are gone.
- Protecting yourself from COVID-19 scams
- With the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic, protecting your health has become the #1 priority. Unfortunately, protecting your property and your privacy from criminals has also become increasingly important as scams and frauds soar during these trying times.
- Finding clarity in crisis
- Setting life and financial goals is important any time. But in deeply troubling and challenging times like we face today, we are often more focused than ever on what matters to us – and what doesn’t, too. While you are isolated at home, consider revisiting your goals – and maybe setting some new ones – together with your family.