I am so excited about the next informational event we are hosting at 10:30 am on Saturday October 19th. I really cannot stop talking about it, so I thought I would get all of this excitement out in this blog post, because I just can’t contain it anymore! Some things I love about this upcoming event:
- The Venue- The Shop & Play Café is locally owned and operated, new to the Kingston business world, family focused, and just plain adorable!
- Child Care is provided- The Early Childhood Educators at the Shop & Play Café are going to be on hand to supervise and engage your children, while we adults learn about important adult things (and drink some hot coffee in peace). Better yet? We are planning some fun activities for them to do, and they will be in the same building so if you need to check in on them you can!
- Babies in arms are totally welcome and we will bring some blankets for them to stretch out on while you relax and learn.
- You get to learn important things that can help protect your family in the long run, and you can ask me any questions you might have!
- There will be healthy snacks provided for you and for the kids, (and did I mention there will be hot coffee too?)
- It is completely free and it won’t cost you anything at all to attend!
Why (you might ask) am I so excited about financial literacy for families? Well firstly I have a young family and I am really protective of them, and a lot of my close friends have families, and I am really protective of them too. I strongly believe that being educated about finances is a really important step towards keeping your family safe for the future. So I like to educate as many people as I can to ensure that they are prepared for what life might throw their way.
Another reason I am passionate about educating people is because adult-ing is hard! Did you know that working mothers today spend as much one-on-one time with their children as stay-at-home mothers did in the 1970’s? You can only imagine what that means for stay at home parents today! So. Much. Child. Time. Not to mention the Dads who are stepping up and parenting HARD. Where do we find some me time? I am not sure. But what I do know is that life is busy, and we don’t always have the time or resources to learn new things. Often planning for our future gets left by the way-side, and the worst part is? They don’t teach this stuff in school. How am I supposed to learn that the government will give me free money for my child’s education when I contribute to an RESP if no one tells me this? Free MONEY! There are so many families out there that can benefit so much from a little bit of help with their budgeting and savings. I want to provide them with that help, and I don’t want them to have to pay for a baby sitter in order to get that help!
That is why I am so excited about this event. It will be helpful, it will be relaxed and it might even be kind of fun!?! Babies in arms are welcome, moms and dads and other care-givers are welcome, kids are welcome. Please let me know if you plan on attending, and the ages of the kids you want to bring so we can plan some age-appropriate activities. The only down-side to this event? Spots are limited, so please RSVP through our events page or by emailing me at: Jamie.email@example.com