What makes us different?
Expertise: We are supported by a unique group of in-house specialists, including Will and Estate Consultants, Tax and Financial Planning Specialists as well as Insurance Specialists; something most other firms dont possess. This helps us to gain a deep understanding of your financial affairs such that you get the expert advice you deserve.
Accredited: John and Chris are accredited Canadian Investment Managers (CIM) as well as members of a select group of Investment Advisors who possess the Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institutes (FSCI) designation; the highest and most prestigious designation awarded by the Canadian Securities Institute.
Unique: We are licensed discretionary portfolio managers (20+ years), which is a unique investment management service typically only available through private investment counseling firms for individuals with a minimum of $2 million of investable assets.
Customized: We manage each client portfolio separately accordingly to their own personalized Investment Policy Statement (IPS). Compliance with the IPS is overseen by a dedicated Risk Management Advisor at our head office in Toronto.
Independent: Although we are bank-owned, we are not obligated or incentivized to sell you certain products. Instead, we use a wide range of individual securities based on your needs, objectives and risk tolerance.
Our clients: Who have we done it for?
Whether your financial goals include investment or retirement planning, investing for your childs education, tax and estate planning, we can provide advice and suggest strategies to help you. Some examples of the situations in which we can help include:
- Pre-Retirees looking to balance their current needs with a savings strategy that will help them achieve their long-term financial goals.
- Retirees looking to maximize their after-tax retirement income and protect their financial security
- Families seeking professional guidance in transferring wealth to the next generation in a tax-efficient manner
- Professionals looking to grow and protect their wealth
- Business owners who need help managing their holding company investments or assistance with succession planning issues.
- Organizations such as foundations, societies, and other non-profits that require professional management of their investments.
While theres no such thing as a typical client or investment profile, most of our clients have investable assets of at least $1 million.