What is Tax Minimization?
No-one likes paying more tax than they are required to, yet a lot of Canadians do as a result of poor (or non existent) financial planning. The "Tax Minimization" planning that is done for clients of The Hillyard Stephen Group seeks to ensure that your financial affairs are structured in the most tax efficient manner possible. More efficiency = less taxes.
Some Common Tax Minimization Tools and Strategies:
- Tax efficient asset allocation
- Family income splitting (spousal loans, spousal RSPs, gifting)
- Effective use of the Canadian dividend tax credit
- Maximization of tax deferred and tax exempt registered accounts
- Probate minimization
- Tax loss and capital gains "crystallization" strategies
- Trust planning
- Tax exempt life insurance
- Holding companies
- Charitable giving
We're Here to Help:
If you are in need of a proper tax planning analysis as part of a broader wealth plan, we'd love to speak with you. Please feel free to contact our team (contacts below) to arrange a complimentary, no commitment consultation.
Please also refer to the "Family Wealth Management" workbook attached below.