What are Ontario catch up payments?
- You can get financial support to help with the costs of your child’s tutoring, supplies or equipment during the 2022–23 school year. Eligible applicants will receive a one-time payment of:
- $200 for each student between kindergarten and Grade 12, up to age 18
- $250 for each student with special education needs between kindergarten and Grade 12, up to age 21
When is the deadline to apply for Ontario catch up payments?
- The deadline to apply is March 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Who may apply for Ontario catch up payments?
- You are eligible to apply if you live in Ontario and are a:
- parent or guardian to a student from kindergarten to Grade 12
- secondary school student who is 18 years of age
- parent or guardian to a student from kindergarten up to age 21 with special education needs
Which students are eligible for the Ontario catch up payment?
- those enrolled in kindergarten to Grade 12 and are up to 18 years old
- those enrolled in kindergarten to Grade 12 are up to 21 years old and have special education need
- you must attend one of the following:
- a publicly funded school
- a private school
- a First Nation operated or federally operated school
Are remote learning children eligible for the Ontario catch up payment?
- Yes, both in person and remote learning students are eligible.
Who is not eligible:
- Students of Adult and Continuing Education programs for individuals over 18 years of age are not eligible.
How do you apply for the Ontario catch up payment:
- Go to the Ontario website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/catch-up-payments