Community and Philanthropy matter.
At Becker & Cheng Wealth Management, we believe that everyone can play a part to improve their community and give back to those less fortunate.
The following organizations are causes we directly support either through board membership, monetary contributions, or fundraising events.
- Gwen founded and chairs Women Investing In Knowledge which centers around helping women gain more control and capacity for better financial decision making. WINK also creates opportunities for women to invest in themselves, gaining knowledge and information that will empower them when making financial and life decisions - big or small.
- Daniel serves as co-chair of the Calgary Up the Down Dinner which helps to raise funds for the Down Syndrome Resource Foundation.
- We have attended the DSRF Up the Down Stock Market challenge annually for the past years which helps to raise funds for research to help deal with and possibly prevent down syndrome.
- From 2016 -2019, Justin has served as a board member and Treasurer of the Jewish Family Services Centre which helps to strengthen communities through promoting self-sufficiency for families via home support, counseling and relocation services for people of all faiths and cultures.
- Since 2010, Justin has served as a member of the CFA Society Calgary Investment Committee which helps to steward the long term capital of the Society for the benefit of its members.
- Since 2018, Daniel has served as a board member of the Calgary & Area Child Advocacy Centre which exist to be a place of hope, help, and healing for children, youth, and families who are survivors of abuse.
- Since 2018, Daniel has served as a board member of the Wing Kei which is a not-for-profit community-based organization that provides quality cultural-appropriate care to the seniors. “Wing Kei” means “glorify God” in Chinese. We are known for providing compassionate and loving care in a team-oriented environment.
Community Support and Fundraising Events:
- In 2016 & 2017, Becker & Cheng Wealth Management supported the Wing Kei Care Centre Walkathon through helping raise $12,000 in support of further developments for seniors housing.
- On May 31, 2016, Becker & Cheng Wealth Management along with our guests attended the Discovery House fundraiser breakfast at EnCana's Bow Tower Skygardens which helped to raise awareness of the growing problem of domestic violence. Discovery House's vision is to help ensure our communities are free of family violence while it's mission is to provide integrated residential and community services for abused women and children to enable them to live safely in the community.
- In February 2018, Becker & Cheng Wealth Management hosted over 300 clients, 100 guests from Kids Up Front, & RBC partners and their families to Disney's Private Screening of Star Wars and Paddington 2 movies as another show of appreciation. We donated over 500lbs of food and $750 in cash to the Calgary Food Bank.
- On December 5th, 2015, Becker & Cheng Wealth Management hosted over 300 clients, guests, & RBC partners and their families to Disney's Private Screening of "The Good Dinosaur" movie as a show of appreciation to all those who support our business and help make us so successful. In conjunction with the event, our group, our guests, & RBC Partners raised & donated over 650lbs of food and $500 in cash to the Calgary Food Bank.
- Since 2017, Becker and Cheng Wealth Management along with clients and other RBC colleagues have raised $50,000 for the RBC Race for the Kids in support of the Alberta Children's Hospital