Community and Philanthropy matter.
At Becker & Cheng Wealth Management, we believe that everyone can play a part to improve their community and give back to those less fortunate or in need of some good luck.
The following organizations are causes we directly support either through board membership, monetary contributions, or fundraising events.
- Gwen serves as a member of the Canadian Womens Foundation (Calgary Committee) which helps to empower women and girls in Canada to move out of violence, out of poverty and into confidence.
- Gwen founded and chairs Women Investing In Knowledge which centers around helping women gain more control and capacity for better financial decision making. WINK also creates opportunities for women to invest in themselves, gaining knowledge and information that will empower them when making financial and life decisions - big or small.
- Daniel serves as co-chair of the Calgary Up the Down Dinner which helps to raise funds for the Down Syndrome Foundation.
- Justin serves as a board member of the Jewish Family Services Centre which helps to strengthen communities through promoting self-sufficiency for families and individual counselling and relocation services for people of all faiths and cultures.
- Justin serves as a member of the CFA Society Calgary Investment Committee which helps to steward the long term capital of the Society for the benefit of its members.
Community Support and Fundraising Events:
- On May 31, 2016, Becker Cheng & Charbonneau Wealth Management along with our guests attended the Discovery House fundraiser breakfast at EnCana's Bow Tower Skygardens which helped to raise awareness of the growing problem of domestic violence. Discovery House's vision is to help ensure our communities are free of family violence while it's mission is to provide integrated residential and community services for abused women and children to enable them to live safely in the community.
- On December 5th, 2015, Becker & Cheng Wealth Management hosted over 300 clients, guests, & RBC partners and their families to Disney's Private Screening of "The Good Dinosaur" movie as a show of appreciation to all those who support our business and help make us so successful. In conjuction with the event, our group, our guests, & RBC Partners raised & donated over 650lbs of food and $500 in cash to the Calgary Food Bank.