"To invest successfully over a lifetime does not require a stratospheric I.Q., unusual business insight, or inside information. What is needed is a sound intellectual framework for making decisions and the ability to keep emotions from corroding that framework.
Most businesses have a CFO to keep them on track. When we meet with a business owner, retiree or medical professional for the first time, they are often surprised that we are truly a one stop shop that can keep them on track personally. "I didn't know you did that comes up again and again. Here are a few examples of how we help:
- Coordinate with your accountant for all items relating to tax. Accountant automatically receives all tax items in addition to you. Corporations with year ends other than December 31 also get a special tax package prepared.
- Annually, maximize all programs that are Government gifts' and that we have agreed on. Contributions to RRSPs, TFSAs, RESPs, etc are allocated as per plan.
- Review all legal documents relating to corporation: Wills, POAs and coordinate with your lawyer should these not be optimal in current environment.
- Provide a quarterly report that graphs progress of entire investment universe with us as per your investment policy statement and financial plan more meaningful than just a simple rate of return (which we also provide). You will know every time we meet if you are on track or not.
- The starting point for all clients is a financial plan. Anything that involves a dollar sign debt, insurance will be reviewed in this process.
In our office, we have an expertise in working with self-employed business owners, retirees and medical professionals. Our staff includes: portfolio manager, financial planner, tax and estate planning specialist, insurance specialist, executive retirement plan expert, group benefits specialist and a private banker.
Call my office at 613-566-4582 to schedule a chat.